Re: [Xylo-SDR] Contest Announcement

I'd second Phil's comments -- this thing is likely to be used for more than SDR 1000 things (I hope) and tying it to a particular manufacturer/SDR implementation is probably a bad thing

Are we naming this board or the group/project in general?

Some ideas for names, some for the group, some for what we hope to build: Don't care for many of these (there's a reason I don't work in marketing) but 'tis what came to mind.

For what we hope to build:

SpectrumSlurper
RadioIO
RFIO
RFBlaster
RadioBlaster
WaveformEater

For the current IO board:
Modem Radio Experimenters Board
Not Your Father's Ham Radio Board
21st Century Ham Radio Board
FPGA assisted SDR

For the group:

Homebrew SDR
DIY SDR
SDR4FUN

Cheers,

Bill  (kd5tfd)

At 11:18 AM 1/20/2006, Philip Covington wrote:
On 1/20/06, Eric Ellison <ecellison@comcast.net> wrote:

> I like the direction you are going! Actually had PM'ed Don with "Flex
> (something in the name) which is in keeping with the entire concept of what
> we are doing and from whence we came.

Eric,

I thought the reason why you wanted to redefine the name was to get
away from the association with XYLO/FPGA4Fun?  It seems to me that
having Flex-(anything) in the name only associates the project with
Flex Radio instead of XYLO/FPGA4fun...

I think Flex-(anything) is a bad idea.  This project should have it's
own identity and the name should not be tied in to any company, IMHO.

73 de Phil N8VB