Re: [Xylo-SDR] RFC - Motherboard

The 12C port or a couple of pins to create a JTAG chain, that can be used to program the second FPGA and eliminate a FX2 chip.

At 10:27 PM 1/24/2006, you wrote:

On 1/24/06, Eric Ellison <ecellison@comcast.net> wrote:
> Phil
>
> You are right. I ceased to panic after the first flurry on that matter.
> FPGA's in the capability range we are talking about are not that expensive.
>
> However, in this exchange which you have explained well right here:
>
> If you used ALL the resources on the Lions 'heart' can you do what you are
> planning below? Your project does NOT have to co-exist with any others, just
> a different FPGA program and leverage of programs in common with other
> projects like FX2. Other slots used for the BPF board etc. If so, that WOULD
> make the daughter card + Buss concept viable. After all the Janus is a
> totally different project, and will never need to co-exist with your radio!
> It would also make the Lionheart a little more flexible in that it would
> allow for a 'squatter'. I realize it depends on physical space, but
> 'squatting' on cleverly spaced pins could do it. Nothing has all that much
> height, in any of these projects except front panel stuff.
>
> Just wondering.
>
> Eric

Eric,

Actually the Janus will probably be a part of my project.  I will need
a way to get audio out for RX and audio in for TX - I'll need at least
the TI CODEC part of it.  Also, I can envision having both a LTC2208
board and a QSD based board in one radio.  The LTC2208 could be used
to scan big chunks of spectrum and direct the QSD based board to tune
to a signal of interest while the LTC2208 continues the scan.  I also
need to be able to decode command signals via USB to an IO controller
board - that function will be handled by the Lionheart board.

Phil C

--

--

Cecil Bayona
KD5NWA

"I fail to see why doing the same thing over and over and getting the same results every time is insanity: I've almost proved it isn't; only a few more tests now and I'm sure results will differ this time ... "