Pandora - Enclosure Project
The project leader for Pandora Mark II is John, N8UR.
Working with a major enclosure manufacturer, we're happy to report that the Pandora "Mark II" design is just about ready for production, and will be offered through TAPR.
Here are some details about the design, followed by some drawings to help you visualize it.
- Dimensions are (approximately) 12.2 inches wide, 8.7 inches deep, and 5.3 inches high (footprint such that an SDR-1000 can sit on top of it)
- Atlas mounts in the center rear with six covered slots for access to card I/O (like slots in a PC case)
- "Hatch" in top cover to allow card access without disassembling the case
- Room for LPU power supply
- Room for Alex filter bank, and rear panel cutouts for Alex connectors
- Numerous cooling vents, and provision for a fan
- About 3 x 12 inches of unused space across the front for additional component mounting (perhaps an amplifier???)
- Made of .062 aluminum for easy drilling; several spare holes already drilled for additional connections
- Nicely painted
Link to Wiki
Our HPSDR Wiki will contain the latest news, links, files, etc. for Pandora. Here is the direct link to the HPSDR Wiki: PANDORA