This program is used to load FPGA firmware on the Metis ethernet interface board or Hermes board. It will also program the Penelope, Pennylane, and Mercury boards as well, using the Metis board. The current firmware can be found below. You will find the Metis and Hermes documentation on the Document or Support webpages.
HPSDRProgrammer and HPSDRBootloader Software
These Programmers use the pcap Library. By license you must install this library yourself. For Window install Winpcap Library. The WinPcap now supports Windows 8.
For Linux simply install "libpcap" from the repository.:x
This programmer will work with all RBF firmware for HPSDR boards with an ethernet connector. No jumper setting required. It will reset the IP address as well, if Metis V2.5 or Hermes V2.3 RBF or greater is installed.
- OpenHPSDR Programmers (Original Protocol)
- Code at Github: https://github.com/TAPR/OpenHPSDR-Original-Programmers/
This is the program that works with all firmware and will function as a JTAG programmer for Mercury, Pennylane, and Penelope boards. This program will also reset IP address but requires the Metis J1 jumper set or the Hermes and Angelia J12 jumper set.
- HPSDRBootloader Windows installer Version 188.8.131.52 -- 2015-1-31 -- Release Notes
- HPSDRBootloader Linux Debian gzip tar for 64 bit Version 184.108.40.206 -- 2015-1-31 -- Release Notes
- Code at SVN: http://svn.tapr.org/repos_sdr_hpsdr/trunk/KV0S/hpsdr-programmers/
For more information, see the Metis or Hermes Manuals Documents webpage.
A version of the HPSDRProgrammer has be written for macOS.
MacOS Flynn Code at SVN: https://www.xenotropic.com/ham-svn/Flynn/trunk/
If you have a Ozy or Magister boards these boards load their firmware on software start up. The other boards can be load with a Altera USB Blaster
- Firmware files for HPSDR Boards
- Metis_v3.0.rbf -- Release Notes -- More ...
- Mercury_3.4.rbf -- Release Notes -- More ...
- Penelope_v1.8.rbf -- Release Notes -- More ...
- Ozy_Janus_V28.rbf -- Release Notes -- More ...
- Ozy_Janus_v2.5.rbf -- Release Notes -- More ...
- For use with a Altera programmers.
- Firmware files for Hermes
- Hermes_V3.1.rbf -- Release Notes -- More ...
- For use with a Altera programmers.
- Hermes_Bootloader.pof -- More ...
- Radio Software Binaries and links to Source
- Software last updated: Tue Mar 28 11:10:02 UTC 2017
This code is under active development, The binaries are for the most basic confirguation, if you have trouble and you have the ability for compile the code on your machine, please use the Subversion address below.
There are also many special use programs offered by members of the openhpsdr community. Please follow the instruction on the their Wiki pages, If you want to use their code. The code offered here is a simple configuration to get you started.
If you are using an Atlas bus system with an Ozy or Magister board, you will
need one of the following LIBUSB0 driver packages to use PowerSDR or KISS
Konsole. The one you need depends on what operating system you are using.
Note: Windows Server 2016 is NOT supported for using USB to connect to an
1. using an older version of windows, 32 bit (x86) or 64 bit (x64). This includes Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 8.1: please use libusb0-driver_Signed.zip.
2. using Windows 10, either 32 bit (x86) or 64 bit (x86). These new drivers are signed in a way that will NOT work for older Windows versions. They were produced so that LIBUSB0 would correctly install and run on a Windows 10 Anniversary edition machine with Secure Boot enabled. Please use LibUSB-HPSDR_driver_win10_x86_x64.zip.
This is where the volunteer programmers store their current code. Most of these files are works in progress, for stable releases see the links above. We are in the process of migrating the repository from out SVN to Github. We Thank TAPR for their help in this process.SVN: https://github.com/TAPR/ Our Projects are Labeled OpenHPSDR